GRANBURY, Texas (AP) - A Texas woman wanted to make sheriff's deputies the butt of a joke, but she picked the wrong audience when she called 911 to have cigarettes delivered to her home.
Hood County sheriff's Lt. Kathy Jividen says the 48-year-old woman was "very intoxicated" when she requested the special delivery on Feb. 11.
Jividen says the caller instead received a visit from two deputies and was arrested. She was charged with a misdemeanor count of abuse of 911. She was later released from the Hood County jail on a $1,000 bond.
The woman lives in Granbury, about 65 miles southwest of Dallas.
Jividen says the woman thought it would be amusing to call 911 to place her order.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Super Bowl to jam Glendale freeways, roads, jack up parking prices
- Arizona mother accuses school principal of attacking her child
- Wrong-way driver hits 2 cars on Interstate 17 North at Camelback
- Super Bowl players to meet with media and fans
- Realtors expect remaining high-end Valley rentals to be filled by Super Bowl