GETTYSBURG, Pa. (AP) - Police in Pennsylvania say a student's report of a gunshot being fired was instead the sound of a newspaper hitting the sidewalk.
Gettysburg police Chief Joseph Dougherty says a Gettysburg College student had reported that someone in a white sedan fired a shot early Saturday morning. But Dougherty says police investigated and determined the sound came from a newspaper delivery driver throwing a paper from her vehicle.
After the report, the college alerted students and employees via text messages, voicemails and emails. A college spokeswoman says an all-clear message was sent around 8:30 a.m.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Phoenix suburb may start citing homeowners for underage drinking
- ASU, Arizona Western College to offer bachelor's degree programs in Yuma
- Study: Arizona ranks among average in nationwide well-being
- Marijuana researcher being denied opportunity to lecture at Phoenix VA
- French fry lovers invited to 'crawl' around Phoenix Thursday night