GETTYSBURG, Pa. (AP) - Police in Pennsylvania say a student's report of a gunshot being fired was instead the sound of a newspaper hitting the sidewalk.
Gettysburg police Chief Joseph Dougherty says a Gettysburg College student had reported that someone in a white sedan fired a shot early Saturday morning. But Dougherty says police investigated and determined the sound came from a newspaper delivery driver throwing a paper from her vehicle.
After the report, the college alerted students and employees via text messages, voicemails and emails. A college spokeswoman says an all-clear message was sent around 8:30 a.m.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Man claims Tempe police guilty of racial profiling, files lawsuit against city
- 2-year-old Phoenix boy found alone, dead in hot car
- No decision yet in Phoenix tree dispute
- APS parent was largest donor to federal campaigns in Arizona last cycle
- Jury handed Jerice Hunter's fate in Jhessye Shockley trial