GREAT FALLS, Mont. (AP) - A Montana television station's regular programming was interrupted by news of a zombie apocalypse.
The Montana Television Network says hackers broke into the Emergency Alert System of Great Falls affiliate KRTV and its CW station Monday.
KRTV says on its website the hackers broadcast that "dead bodies are rising from their graves" in several Montana counties.
The alert claimed the bodies were "attacking the living" and warned people not to "approach or apprehend these bodies as they are extremely dangerous."
The network says there is no emergency and its engineers are investigating.
A call to KRTV was referred to a Montana Television Network executive in Bozeman. Jon Saunders didn't immediately return a call for comment.
The Great Falls Tribune reports the hoax alert generated at least four calls to police to see if it was true.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Arizona abortion case headed to US Supreme Court
- Survey shows executives' views of work-life balance
- Child cancer patients shave heads of Phoenix Children's Hospital workers
- Andy Tobin wins Arizona's 1st Congressional District GOP primary
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges