PENN YAN, N.Y. (AP) - Police say an upstate New York woman passed drugs to her son while kissing him when she visited him in jail.
Sheriff's deputies in Yates County tell local media outlets 54-year-old Penn Yan resident Kimberly Margeson was visiting her son last week when she hid oxycodone pills and passed them from her mouth to his while giving him a kiss.
Police haven't said how the drugs were discovered.
Margeson pleaded not guilty Tuesday to charges of criminal sale of a controlled substance and promoting prison contraband. She's free after posting bail.
Authorities say her 30-year-old son also was charged with promoting prison contraband. He remains in jail on an unrelated felony weapon possession charge, and a lawyer for him couldn't be contacted.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Arizona DREAMers reapplying for federal deferred-action program
- Report: Ex-Suns guard Chapman begins treatment program in Ky.
- Arizona State University gets $4M innovation grant
- Former Phoenix VA official speaks out after settling retaliation case
- Candidates for Arizona attorney general spar in televised debate