SIDNEY, Ohio (AP) - Authorities in Ohio say a pocket-dialing prowler got himself arrested after his cellphone turned informant. Twice.
Investigators say an emergency operator traced an accidental 911 call on Tuesday night to a home in Sidney, about 60 miles northwest of Columbus.
Shelby County sheriff's deputies dispatched to check on the house found a window forced open. They arrested Douglas Wolaver, of Piqua, inside.
The sheriff's office says Wolaver was found in a bathroom after his phone's low-battery alert led deputies to his hiding place.
Wolaver is charged with breaking and entering. A phone listing for him was disconnected.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Rare hail storm hits California's Huntington Beach
- Arizona House gives tentative OK to let guns in public buildings
- Arizona House gives tentative OK to push out medicinal pot growers
- Arizona Diamondbacks ranked No. 1 sports organization to work for
- Storm brings snowfall in Northern Arizona, rain in Phoenix