SIDNEY, Ohio (AP) - Authorities in Ohio say a pocket-dialing prowler got himself arrested after his cellphone turned informant. Twice.
Investigators say an emergency operator traced an accidental 911 call on Tuesday night to a home in Sidney, about 60 miles northwest of Columbus.
Shelby County sheriff's deputies dispatched to check on the house found a window forced open. They arrested Douglas Wolaver, of Piqua, inside.
The sheriff's office says Wolaver was found in a bathroom after his phone's low-battery alert led deputies to his hiding place.
Wolaver is charged with breaking and entering. A phone listing for him was disconnected.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Arizona in middle of pack in list of America's booziest states
- Working it: Should retailers open on Thanksgiving Day?
- Arizona governor-elect Doug Ducey helps pack last-minute Thanksgiving supplies
- Thunderbirds Charities donates $50,000 to St. Mary's Food Bank
- Phoenix Zoo serves up Thanksgiving dinner for some of its residents