JERUSALEM (AP) - An Israeli woman has turned to Facebook to beat a parking ticket- and expose a Tel Aviv road crew.
Hila Ben Baruch says she parked her car legally near her Tel Aviv home only to find it gone and replaced with a handicapped parking sign. City Hall slapped her with more than $300 in fines. Making matters worse, she says a city representative accused her of lying when she called to complain.
Determined to prove her innocence, she obtained footage from a security camera showing municipal workers painting the handicapped symbol under her car, then towing the vehicle away.
She told Channel 2 she was "shocked." The video, put on Facebook, has gone viral.
The Tel Aviv municipality has apologized and refunded the fines.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- ASU grad launches mobile project to connect workers with odd jobs
- NASA, USDA agreement could lead to major farming improvements
- Report: Arizona tied for lowest college graduation rates nationwide
- Child advocates still concerned after DCS releases semi-annual report
- Arizona experts challenge child seat that claims to prevent hot car deaths