JERUSALEM (AP) - An Israeli woman has turned to Facebook to beat a parking ticket- and expose a Tel Aviv road crew.
Hila Ben Baruch says she parked her car legally near her Tel Aviv home only to find it gone and replaced with a handicapped parking sign. City Hall slapped her with more than $300 in fines. Making matters worse, she says a city representative accused her of lying when she called to complain.
Determined to prove her innocence, she obtained footage from a security camera showing municipal workers painting the handicapped symbol under her car, then towing the vehicle away.
She told Channel 2 she was "shocked." The video, put on Facebook, has gone viral.
The Tel Aviv municipality has apologized and refunded the fines.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Tempe police searching for two involved in shooting
- American shoppers will avoid stores affected by data breaches this holiday season
- Shop owners: Tempe ban on e-smoking in public spots not hurting business
- Guns, Giffords play big role in Arizona House race
- Council working to help Valley veterans with mental health issues