BERLIN (AP) - German police have recovered a cookie sculpture that may have been stolen by someone impersonating the Cookie Monster.
Spokeswoman Jacobe Heers says the 20-kilogram (44 pound) gilded sculpture was found Tuesday morning outside a university. It was hanging from the neck of a horse sculpture with a red ribbon.
The century-old cookie was reported stolen last month from the office of a bakery company in Hannover.
A local newspaper later received a letter demanding cookies be delivered to children at a hospital. The paper also received a picture of someone dressed like Sesame Street's Cookie Monster holding what appeared to be the stolen cookie.
The Bahlsen company promised a reward of 52,000 packets of cookies for a charitable cause if their emblem turned up.
No suspect has been apprehended.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Iconic Old Town Scottsdale cowboy sign now belongs to city
- Witnesses sought in fatal shooting by Bisbee police officer
- Couple found trespassing, living in Prescott basement
- Police arrest suspect in series of Phoenix bank robberies
- Police searching for pair who committed armed robbery at Phoenix grocery store