OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) - The California Highway Patrol is trying to locate a group of drivers who briefly shut down part of a San Francisco Bay area freeway while they performed stunts in the middle of the road.
Sgt. Rob Barrera said Monday that the CHP is confident that someone will be prosecuted for the brazen sideshow that stopped traffic on Interstate 880 near the Oakland Coliseum on Saturday afternoon. Barrera declined additional comment.
Video clips show at least a half-dozen cars peeling out from the shoulder and doing doughnuts in the road while other vehicles stack up behind the demonstration.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Phoenix woman gets air conditioning for first time in 18 years
- Phoenix drops proposal to install parking meters at popular trailheads
- Inmate accused of killing brother heard voices before allegedly killing cellmate
- Sky Harbor puts damper on Sun Devils' fireworks
- Big house, big price tag on 'Big Unit' Randy Johnson's house