SYDNEY (AP) - Gary the flower-eating goat's graze with Australian police has ended with his comedian owner getting the last laugh in court.
A Sydney judge ruled Wednesday that neither the goat nor his owner could be found guilty of vandalism over an August incident when Gary decided to snack on a flowerbed outside a city museum.
Police at the time leveled a fine of 440 Australian dollars ($465) against owner Jim Dezarnaul, a comedian known as Jimbo Bazoobi.
But man and goat got their day in court, with Gary arriving resplendent in a colorful hat on Wednesday. The brown-and-white goat didn't testify, but he had his own lawyer.
Owner Dezarnaul said the case serves as a lesson to overzealous authorities, "and that's `Don't bite off more than you can chew."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Decades later, families wait as tribal relocation office struggles
- Sedona makes Thrillist's list of America's 11 most beautiful spring destinations
- Tempe to decide on fate for lakefront property
- Collaborative coworking space company Gangplank opens new office in Queen Creek
- Tucson, Arizona to house early Boeing 787 Dreamliner