SYDNEY (AP) - Gary the flower-eating goat's graze with Australian police has ended with his comedian owner getting the last laugh in court.
A Sydney judge ruled Wednesday that neither the goat nor his owner could be found guilty of vandalism over an August incident when Gary decided to snack on a flowerbed outside a city museum.
Police at the time leveled a fine of 440 Australian dollars ($465) against owner Jim Dezarnaul, a comedian known as Jimbo Bazoobi.
But man and goat got their day in court, with Gary arriving resplendent in a colorful hat on Wednesday. The brown-and-white goat didn't testify, but he had his own lawyer.
Owner Dezarnaul said the case serves as a lesson to overzealous authorities, "and that's `Don't bite off more than you can chew."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- New patrol cars will be part of Highway Patrol's DUI enforcement
- Veterans posting signs to help guard against PTSD on Fourth of July
- Everybody in! Sedona resort listed among amazing outdoor hotel pools
- 6 guards hurt breaking up fight in Arizona prison
- Bodies of missing Arizona couple found, man in custody