SAO PAULO (AP) - Brazilian police say an officer playing a prank on a colleague by simulating a holdup has been shot and killed.
A police spokeswoman in the city of Rondonopolis said by telephone on Friday that an officer was pulling out of his garage to go to work when his friend rode up on a motorcycle and announced a holdup.
The officer in the car drew his gun and fired several shots into the stomach of the friend, whose face was helmet. When he realized who the man was, he rushed him to a hospital, where he died.
The police spokeswoman spoke on condition of anonymity because she was not authorized to discuss the case. The incident took place late Thursday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Eastbound Loop 202 reopens after closure due to crash
- 50 years on, Barry Goldwater bid lauded for 'igniting conservative revolution'
- Gilbert high school musician to perform in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Gabrielle Giffords rides in Tucson cycling event
- Ron Barber asks Arizona secretary of state to count votes