AMSTERDAM (AP) - Was it the fish?
An estimated 230 University of Amsterdam professors or their spouses got violently ill last week after the school's annual faculty party. Spokesman Joost van Tilburg said food poisoning was believed to be the cause.
He says the professors' distress "mostly involved stomach problems."
Some 400 people attended the party.
The results of an investigation by health authorities are due Thursday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Eastbound Loop 202 reopens after closure due to crash
- 50 years on, Barry Goldwater bid lauded for 'igniting conservative revolution'
- Gilbert high school musician to perform in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Gabrielle Giffords rides in Tucson cycling event
- Ron Barber asks Arizona secretary of state to count votes