AMSTERDAM (AP) - Was it the fish?
An estimated 230 University of Amsterdam professors or their spouses got violently ill last week after the school's annual faculty party. Spokesman Joost van Tilburg said food poisoning was believed to be the cause.
He says the professors' distress "mostly involved stomach problems."
Some 400 people attended the party.
The results of an investigation by health authorities are due Thursday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Industry-funded study suggests almonds can help prevent heart damage in diabetics
- Supreme Court denies Gov. Jan Brewer's stay, Dreamers to get driver's licenses
- Martha McSally takes congressional seat for Arizona's District 2
- Arizona senator plays big part in American's release from Cuba
- Snow falls around Arizona, rain splatters metro Phoenix