AMSTERDAM (AP) - Was it the fish?
An estimated 230 University of Amsterdam professors or their spouses got violently ill last week after the school's annual faculty party. Spokesman Joost van Tilburg said food poisoning was believed to be the cause.
He says the professors' distress "mostly involved stomach problems."
Some 400 people attended the party.
The results of an investigation by health authorities are due Thursday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Maricopa County clerk transfers to avoid issuing same-sex marriage licenses
- Hundreds take part in Phoenix 'apple crunch' for healthy food
- Grand Canyon University set to renovate Maryvale Municipal Golf Course
- Undead rising: Over 10,000 expected at Zombie Walk 6 in Phoenix
- DuVal calls Ducey 'most anti-public education candidate for governor in my lifetime'