AMSTERDAM (AP) - Was it the fish?
An estimated 230 University of Amsterdam professors or their spouses got violently ill last week after the school's annual faculty party. Spokesman Joost van Tilburg said food poisoning was believed to be the cause.
He says the professors' distress "mostly involved stomach problems."
Some 400 people attended the party.
The results of an investigation by health authorities are due Thursday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Maricopa County Sheriff's Office to return US military surplus equipment soon
- Flagstaff introduces vouchers for panhandlers; Tempe considering similar program
- Survey: Arizona drivers 'semi-rude,' hated most by Californians
- Need sandbags before Odile arrives? Here's where to go in the Valley
- Phoenix's Roosevelt Row named among best art districts in the country