AMSTERDAM (AP) - What are the odds?
A 76-year-old man trapped himself in an underground waste paper container in Amsterdam after he clambered in to hunt for a lottery ticket.
Police said in a statement the elderly man managed to open the container and climb in Thursday because he feared he had tossed out a lottery ticket along with other used paper.
Passers-by heard him calling for help and alerted the police who freed him with the help of firefighters.
The bad news? The man didn't find his lottery ticket.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Katy Perry promises fireworks during Arizona Super Bowl halftime show
- Violence in American culture back in focus as Super Bowl approaches
- Phoenix man offers trunk of Tesla for $85 per night to Super Bowl tourists
- Renzi appealing denial of request for bail pending appeal
- Arizona Native Americans hosting Scottsdale festival this weekend