SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine (AP) - A mall in Maine has sacked Santa Claus after children and parents complained he was rude, grumpy and wouldn't even let one child sit on his lap.
Officials at the Maine Mall in South Portland say they're looking for a jollier Santa and hope to have him in place Thursday.
Jessica Mailhiot and her 6-year-old daughter, Chantel, went to see Santa this week. They tell WGME-TV ( http://bit.ly/RpPkak) he was rude and wouldn't let the girl sit on his lap when they said they didn't want to buy a $20 photo.
Chantel says when she asked Santa for an American Girl doll, he replied she'd get an "American football."
When the mom posted her story online, others shared similar experiences.
The station contacted the Santa, but he didn't want to comment.
Information from: WGME-TV, http://www.wgme.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- 2 Arizonans being deployed to Nepal to help earthquake victims
- Calif. man, Ariz. woman win regional hot dog contest in Vegas
- Audit: ICE could save millions by filling seats on detainee flights
- Johnson: Border more secure, but it's not 'mission accomplished' time yet
- Hooters on Mill Avenue closes after 20 years of business