OLD ORCHARD BEACH, Maine (AP) - Police in Maine say a man called them to complain a prostitute hadn't given him his money's worth- so they arrested him.
Police say New Hampshire resident Scott Pipher was arrested this week. The 34-year-old is charged with engaging a prostitute.
New Hampshire's The Portsmouth Herald newspaper ( http://bit.ly/TFV8Ox) reported Wednesday the police investigation started in the spring.
Old Orchard Beach, Maine, police say Pipher called them March 25 to complain a woman he'd hired "shorted him by 10 minutes."
Police say their investigation also led to the arrests of two women believed to be prostitutes contacted by Pipher through a website.
Pipher is scheduled to be arraigned in Maine District Court in Biddeford next week. Telephone calls to numbers listed for him in Portsmouth, N.H., have gone unanswered.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Valley street makes list of 'America's Best' for Christmas lights
- Mexican woman wins $25K from Arizona county in immigration lawsuit
- Phoenix to ceremonially add Martin Luther King Jr.'s name to Broadway Road
- Phoenix city leaders react to Chief Daniel Garcia's firing
- Phoenix Police Chief Daniel Garcia fired after asking for contract