WASHINGTON, Pa. (AP) - Spectators who came to watch horses at a western Pennsylvania racetrack got a surprise this week when three deer got onto the course first and beat the horses to racing.
According to KDKA-TV ( http://cbsloc.al/VdzJuq), a race was about to begin Wednesday night at the Meadows Racetrack in Washington County when the deer jumped onto the track.
Race announcer Roger Huston didn't miss a beat. He began calling the race as it unfolded, saying things like: "As they race down the track, Bambi has the lead. Here comes Rudolph from the outside."
The deer ran fast but kept changing directions. At one point, they appeared headed to the paddock, where the horses were being held.
Several minutes into the show, the deer decided to leave the track to the horses.
Huston says Bambi won the race.
Information from: KDKA-TV, http://www.kdka.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Irony in office: Once the accuser, councilman taking heat after calling for Phoenix police chief's firing
- ASU president won't recommend tuition hike for 2015-16 school year
- Arrest made in 1997 Arizona murder case
- Prepackaged caramel apples linked to 4 deaths
- With holiday cheer comes higher chance of electric shock