VIENNA (AP) - An early seasonal delivery went badly wrong in Austria when a truck was involved in a crash and dumped 14 tons of Christmas trees in a resident's garden.
Police in Vorarlberg state, at Austria's western tip, say the accident happened Friday night as a truck with a trailer loaded with trees drove through the town of Hohenems.
The trailer hit a wall, tipped over and landed in the garden of a house. A police statement Saturday said that the fire service dispatched 30 people to recover the hundreds of fir trees.
A passenger in the truck was injured and taken to a local hospital.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Man shot, killed by police after opening fire near eastern Arizona temple
- California man killed in Eloy, Ariz., skydiving accident
- Fallen Mesa soldier honored in President Obama's weekly address
- Arizona Gov. Ducey wants to reduce, consolidate state airplane fleet
- Trial set for ex-Bullhead City police sergeant in sex assault case