VIENNA (AP) - An early seasonal delivery went badly wrong in Austria when a truck was involved in a crash and dumped 14 tons of Christmas trees in a resident's garden.
Police in Vorarlberg state, at Austria's western tip, say the accident happened Friday night as a truck with a trailer loaded with trees drove through the town of Hohenems.
The trailer hit a wall, tipped over and landed in the garden of a house. A police statement Saturday said that the fire service dispatched 30 people to recover the hundreds of fir trees.
A passenger in the truck was injured and taken to a local hospital.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Denver woman briefly stranded in Phoenix after airline said she never flew there
- Scottsdale woman says there are unmarked graves in HOA park
- Arizona governor candidates make final campaign push
- Traditionally conservative group backs Democrat for Arizona schools chief
- Tips for making sure your early ballot counts in Arizona's election