VIENNA (AP) - An early seasonal delivery went badly wrong in Austria when a truck was involved in a crash and dumped 14 tons of Christmas trees in a resident's garden.
Police in Vorarlberg state, at Austria's western tip, say the accident happened Friday night as a truck with a trailer loaded with trees drove through the town of Hohenems.
The trailer hit a wall, tipped over and landed in the garden of a house. A police statement Saturday said that the fire service dispatched 30 people to recover the hundreds of fir trees.
A passenger in the truck was injured and taken to a local hospital.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Maricopa County clerk transfers to avoid issuing same-sex marriage licenses
- Hundreds take part in Phoenix 'apple crunch' for healthy food
- Grand Canyon University set to renovate Maryvale Municipal Golf Course
- Undead rising: Over 10,000 expected at Zombie Walk 6 in Phoenix
- DuVal calls Ducey 'most anti-public education candidate for governor in my lifetime'