SYDNEY (AP) - Australian police seized 237 million Australian dollars ($246 million) worth of cocaine and methamphetamine found inside a steamroller shipped from China.
Australian Federal Police said Wednesday that they arrested a Canadian man and a U.S. man in Sydney after finding 350 kilograms (770 pounds) of cocaine and meth. The men were charged with importing drugs and face a maximum of life in prison if convicted.
It was the police agency's second major drug bust in a week. On Friday, police said officials had tracked down a boat carrying 200 kilograms (440 pounds) of cocaine to Australia after it ran aground in the small island nation of Tonga. A corpse was found on board. Officials are trying to determine the cause of death.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- ASU plans to return M-16s obtained under military surplus program
- Tempe sets new goals for water conservation
- The real cost of the death penalty in Arizona
- Organization prepares medical supplies for African communities affected by Ebola virus
- Super Bowl Host Committee rewards Phoenix high school with new football field