MOSCOW (AP) - Russian authorities say a woman with five children kept her husband's body in their apartment for almost three years after his death.
Prosecutors in the central Yaroslavl region said the unidentified woman, described as a devout Pentecostal Christian with a psychiatric record, was so distraught when her husband died of natural causes in 2009 that she believed he "was bound to resurrect."
An investigation was opened after the body was found in a dumpster in a plastic bag in July.
The prosecutors' office said Monday that the woman kept the cadaver in a bed in a room of her apartment and asked her children to talk to it and feed it.
The office says two children decided to dispose of the body when the family moved to another apartment.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Bisbee home engulfed in Thanksgiving day fire
- Man dies in Tempe Mill Avenue shooting; 2 suspects sought
- Tempe mayor pushes for 'dementia-friendly' city
- Ahwatukee man falls ill, tests negative for Ebola after returning from Sierra Leone
- Former Arizona DOC officer arrested on suspicion of sexual assault