CORALVILLE, Iowa (AP) - Shoppers in Iowa got an unusual glimpse of wildlife Monday morning when a doe and two fawns wandered into a department store.
Coralville Police Chief Barry Bedford says the deer used doors that open automatically to get into a Kohl's store.
He says the fawns stayed in the store's vestibule, but their mother made it into the store and headed toward the back.
Police say employees opened up some back doors and the doe exited. The two fawns turned around and used the automatic exit doors to leave the store.
No injuries or damage was reported.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Maricopa County Sheriff's Office to return US military surplus equipment soon
- Flagstaff introduces vouchers for panhandlers; Tempe considering similar program
- Survey: Arizona drivers 'semi-rude,' hated most by Californians
- Need sandbags before Odile arrives? Here's where to go in the Valley
- Phoenix's Roosevelt Row named among best art districts in the country