CHILI, N.Y. (AP) - Officials say a truck carrying nearly 40,000 pounds of frozen chicken went up in flames on its way to a supermarket in the New York town of Chili (CHEYE'-lye).
Fire officials tell the Democrat and Chronicle of Rochester ( http://on.rocne.ws/UzlUo0) that the truck was hauling chicken from Mississippi to the Wegmans Distribution Center just southwest of Rochester.
The truck driver wasn't injured. Part of the highway was closed early Friday while crews cleaned up.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- AP sources: Cops' killer angry at chokehold death
- 1 killed, 1 hurt in bike-vehicle collision in Mesa
- Fire severely damages popular Phoenix restaurant
- Al Michaels predicts Arizona Cardinals-Seattle Seahawks game to be close, low scoring
- Police searching for man who committed aggravated robbery at Phoenix convenience store