CHILI, N.Y. (AP) - Officials say a truck carrying nearly 40,000 pounds of frozen chicken went up in flames on its way to a supermarket in the New York town of Chili (CHEYE'-lye).
Fire officials tell the Democrat and Chronicle of Rochester ( http://on.rocne.ws/UzlUo0) that the truck was hauling chicken from Mississippi to the Wegmans Distribution Center just southwest of Rochester.
The truck driver wasn't injured. Part of the highway was closed early Friday while crews cleaned up.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Tips for making sure your early ballot counts in Arizona's election
- Tempe Police Department dog dies during training
- New report shows each state's most Googled Halloween costumes
- 3 students from Glendale high school chosen to perform with national marching band
- On-duty suburban Phoenix police officer killed in hit-and-run