CHILI, N.Y. (AP) - Officials say a truck carrying nearly 40,000 pounds of frozen chicken went up in flames on its way to a supermarket in the New York town of Chili (CHEYE'-lye).
Fire officials tell the Democrat and Chronicle of Rochester ( http://on.rocne.ws/UzlUo0) that the truck was hauling chicken from Mississippi to the Wegmans Distribution Center just southwest of Rochester.
The truck driver wasn't injured. Part of the highway was closed early Friday while crews cleaned up.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Arizona lawmakers eye e-cigarette tax to alleviate budget deficit
- Donations needed to send veterans on mission of healing
- Electrical fire prompts evacuation of downtown Phoenix hotel
- 2 arrested for invading Tucson-area home, impersonating officers
- Police searching for man who committed armed robbery in west Phoenix