CASTLE SHANNON, Pa. (AP) - This deer wasn't caught in the headlights. It was called on the carpet.
A Pittsburgh-area carpeting store has been cleaning up after the wild animal smashed into the store and ran amok Tuesday.
Jill Horvatic, an employee of Stout Carpeting in Castle Shannon, tells WPXI-TV ( http://bit.ly/UjQwiO) that she hid while the animal ran around, crashing into displays and damaging other items.
Horvatic says, "I was shaking. I haven't felt like that ever in my life. For 20 minutes all I heard was banging and glass shattering. It was horrifying."
Police were able to get the deer out of the store before anybody got hurt.
Information from: WPXI-TV, http://www.wpxi.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- AP sources: Cops' killer angry at chokehold death
- 1 killed, 1 hurt in bike-vehicle collision in Mesa
- Fire severely damages popular Phoenix restaurant
- Al Michaels predicts Arizona Cardinals-Seattle Seahawks game to be close, low scoring
- Police searching for man who committed aggravated robbery at Phoenix convenience store