CASTLE SHANNON, Pa. (AP) - This deer wasn't caught in the headlights. It was called on the carpet.
A Pittsburgh-area carpeting store has been cleaning up after the wild animal smashed into the store and ran amok Tuesday.
Jill Horvatic, an employee of Stout Carpeting in Castle Shannon, tells WPXI-TV ( http://bit.ly/UjQwiO) that she hid while the animal ran around, crashing into displays and damaging other items.
Horvatic says, "I was shaking. I haven't felt like that ever in my life. For 20 minutes all I heard was banging and glass shattering. It was horrifying."
Police were able to get the deer out of the store before anybody got hurt.
Information from: WPXI-TV, http://www.wpxi.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- University of Arizona fraternity shut down through May 2018
- Family of slain DPS officer wants harsher distracted driving penalties
- Arizona, other states jockey to pitch potential to foreign investors
- Tribe turns to international panel in Arizona ski resort fight
- Legislature may stop Arizona cities trying to ban plastic bags