BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) - Police in Alabama were called to what looked like a woman shot dead in her car but found a Halloween reveler they described as drunk and passed out in a bloody-looking zombie costume.
The news site Al.com reports ( http://bit.ly/SrbNCn) that a passerby called 911 in Birmingham on Thursday morning after seeing the woman slumped over her steering wheel at a traffic light.
Police say officers roused the woman and removed her from the SUV. Authorities say she was handcuffed and taken to the city jail on a DUI charge.
A photo of the woman by al.com showed fake blood covering much of her torso as she was apprehended.
Details on her identity weren't immediately available.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Phoenix woman gets air conditioning for first time in 18 years
- Phoenix drops proposal to install parking meters at popular trailheads
- Inmate accused of killing brother heard voices before allegedly killing cellmate
- Sky Harbor puts damper on Sun Devils' fireworks
- Big house, big price tag on 'Big Unit' Randy Johnson's house