BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) - Police in Alabama were called to what looked like a woman shot dead in her car but found a Halloween reveler they described as drunk and passed out in a bloody-looking zombie costume.
The news site Al.com reports ( http://bit.ly/SrbNCn) that a passerby called 911 in Birmingham on Thursday morning after seeing the woman slumped over her steering wheel at a traffic light.
Police say officers roused the woman and removed her from the SUV. Authorities say she was handcuffed and taken to the city jail on a DUI charge.
A photo of the woman by al.com showed fake blood covering much of her torso as she was apprehended.
Details on her identity weren't immediately available.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Board considers benefits for Yarnell Hill victims' families
- Ducey explains decision to stop citing Uber, Lyft drivers
- Fire alarm goes off again at New England Patriots' Chandler hotel
- Katy Perry promises fireworks during Arizona Super Bowl halftime show
- Violence in American culture back in focus as Super Bowl approaches