UNION, Wash. (AP) - A flooding river covered a road in Washington, allowing some migrating salmon to swim across the pavement.
Video from KOMO-TV shows one salmon didn't make it Wednesday when it was caught by a dog that walked away with its catch near Union, about 40 miles southwest of Seattle.
The salmon-crossing-the-road scene is replayed nearly every year on the Skokomish (skoh-KOH'-mish) River. It frequently floods after heavy rain in the Olympic Mountains.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Arizona man's 100 uses for his ex's wedding dress goes viral
- Former Arizona car wash chain owner gets 1 year in prison
- Hispanic chamber: Obama's immigration action will stimulate Arizona's economy
- Valley family gets a surprise from former NFL quarterback Kurt Warner
- Phoenix construction company repairs roof for scammed owner