UNION, Wash. (AP) - A flooding river covered a road in Washington, allowing some migrating salmon to swim across the pavement.
Video from KOMO-TV shows one salmon didn't make it Wednesday when it was caught by a dog that walked away with its catch near Union, about 40 miles southwest of Seattle.
The salmon-crossing-the-road scene is replayed nearly every year on the Skokomish (skoh-KOH'-mish) River. It frequently floods after heavy rain in the Olympic Mountains.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Arizona lawmakers eye e-cigarette tax to alleviate budget deficit
- Donations needed to send veterans on mission of healing
- Electrical fire prompts evacuation of downtown Phoenix hotel
- 2 arrested for invading Tucson-area home, impersonating officers
- Police searching for man who committed armed robbery in west Phoenix