UNION, Wash. (AP) - A flooding river covered a road in Washington, allowing some migrating salmon to swim across the pavement.
Video from KOMO-TV shows one salmon didn't make it Wednesday when it was caught by a dog that walked away with its catch near Union, about 40 miles southwest of Seattle.
The salmon-crossing-the-road scene is replayed nearly every year on the Skokomish (skoh-KOH'-mish) River. It frequently floods after heavy rain in the Olympic Mountains.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Glendale makes list of 25 worst-connected cities in America
- Kurt Warner admits he considered coming out of retirement
- No freeway closures over holidays good news for Phoenix drivers
- Valley street makes list of 'America's Best' for Christmas lights
- Mexican woman wins $25K from Arizona county in immigration lawsuit