UNION, Wash. (AP) - A flooding river covered a road in Washington, allowing some migrating salmon to swim across the pavement.
Video from KOMO-TV shows one salmon didn't make it Wednesday when it was caught by a dog that walked away with its catch near Union, about 40 miles southwest of Seattle.
The salmon-crossing-the-road scene is replayed nearly every year on the Skokomish (skoh-KOH'-mish) River. It frequently floods after heavy rain in the Olympic Mountains.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Study: Arizonans among nation's 'least likely to curse'
- Facing popularity issues, baseball joins 21st century with pace of play rules
- McSally took in more than $640,000 in first quarter for next Arizona Congressional campaign
- Experts: Funding, staffing cuts undermining Arizona water agency
- ASU to offer students freshman year completely online