UNION, Wash. (AP) - A flooding river covered a road in Washington, allowing some migrating salmon to swim across the pavement.
Video from KOMO-TV shows one salmon didn't make it Wednesday when it was caught by a dog that walked away with its catch near Union, about 40 miles southwest of Seattle.
The salmon-crossing-the-road scene is replayed nearly every year on the Skokomish (skoh-KOH'-mish) River. It frequently floods after heavy rain in the Olympic Mountains.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Woman arrested in Phoenix on charges of child molestation
- Bill before Congress would give entrepreneurs citizenship opportunity
- Arizona Cardinals' Bidwill confident Larry Fitzgerald will return for 2015 season
- Phoenix woman accused of defrauding charity, church of more than $100K
- Phoenix firefighter hurt while fighting house fire on roof