UNION, Wash. (AP) - A flooding river covered a road in Washington, allowing some migrating salmon to swim across the pavement.
Video from KOMO-TV shows one salmon didn't make it Wednesday when it was caught by a dog that walked away with its catch near Union, about 40 miles southwest of Seattle.
The salmon-crossing-the-road scene is replayed nearly every year on the Skokomish (skoh-KOH'-mish) River. It frequently floods after heavy rain in the Olympic Mountains.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Arizona police reports: Girl said Uzi was too much for her
- What a difference a year makes: August 2013 versus August 2014
- Police officers fatally shoot man firing at neighbors, officers
- Veterans end 300-mile walk to raise suicide awareness in Phoenix
- DPS: Military surplus helps police in dangerous situations