MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Police in Miami Beach say a homeless man broke into a car, stole a credit card and then tried to use it to buy a beer- from the bartender the card belonged to.
The case was cracked when 53-year-old David Weber handed the card to the bartender who took his order Monday night. The Miami Herald ( http://hrld.us/RRk8km) reports the bartender noticed he had just been handed his own credit card.
The bartender called Miami Beach police. Weber was charged with credit card fraud and theft. He remained in the Miami-Dade County Jail early Wednesday.
Police say Weber told them he found the credit card on the ground.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Company seeks rights to names of iconic Grand Canyon lodges
- Some Arizona employees work with children despite fingerprint-check delays
- 2nd arraignment set for Arizona Cardinals player accused of assault
- Hit the best bars, restaurants, happy hours along Phoenix's light rail
- Super Bowl XLIX will be a green event, according to SRP