CARLTON, Minn. (AP) - A Minnesota casino has cooked up a world-record bacon cheeseburger that's 10 feet in diameter and weighs more than a ton.
The behemoth burger was served up Sunday at the Black Bear Casino Resort near Carlton. It tipped the scales at 2,014 pounds.
Guinness Records representative Philip Robertson verified the record for biggest burger. He called the feat a result of "remarkable teamwork" and said the burger "actually tastes really good."
A Duluth News Tribune report ( http://bit.ly/PXpUQP) says the previous mark was a mere 881 pounds, 13 ounces.
Black Bear's burger included 60 pounds of bacon, 50 pounds of lettuce, 50 pounds of sliced onions, 40 pounds of pickles and 40 pounds of cheese.
It took about four hours to cook the patty. A crane was used to flip it.
Information from: Duluth News Tribune, http://www.duluthsuperior.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Road work on hold for Super Bowl weekend; ADOT offers traffic tips
- Board considers benefits for Yarnell Hill victims' families
- Ducey explains decision to stop citing Uber, Lyft drivers
- Fire alarm goes off again at New England Patriots' Chandler hotel
- Katy Perry promises fireworks during Arizona Super Bowl halftime show