MIAMI (AP) - Police are looking for two people they say stole more than 500 canaries from the home of an 87-year-old Florida man.
Police say the men entered Manuel Sanchez's home on May 27 and took the birds. The next day, they sold the birds to at least three pet shops.
The canaries are valued at $30 each, which means the thefts were worth about $15,000 in all.
Police on Wednesday asked the public for help in identifying the suspects. Authorities say images of the suspects selling the birds were captured by video surveillance cameras.
Police were able to recover about 150 birds.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- University of Arizona fraternity shut down through May 2018
- Family of slain DPS officer wants harsher distracted driving penalties
- Arizona, other states jockey to pitch potential to foreign investors
- Tribe turns to international panel in Arizona ski resort fight
- Legislature may stop Arizona cities trying to ban plastic bags