MIAMI (AP) - Police are looking for two people they say stole more than 500 canaries from the home of an 87-year-old Florida man.
Police say the men entered Manuel Sanchez's home on May 27 and took the birds. The next day, they sold the birds to at least three pet shops.
The canaries are valued at $30 each, which means the thefts were worth about $15,000 in all.
Police on Wednesday asked the public for help in identifying the suspects. Authorities say images of the suspects selling the birds were captured by video surveillance cameras.
Police were able to recover about 150 birds.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- 27-year-old man drowns in Tempe Town Lake
- Hundreds pay tribute to fallen soldiers in Phoenix on Memorial Day
- ASU nursing students to dispense free health care at Phoenix's Westward Ho
- California man dies while skydiving in Eloy, Arizona
- Memorial wall to be built at ASU campus for fallen Sun Devil soldiers