TURTLE CREEK, Pa. (AP) - A Pittsburgh-area bowling fanatic has gotten a Utah company to fashion a bowling ball urn for his ashes.
Forty-eight-year-old Tony Guarino tells KDKA-TV ( http://cbsloc.al/MzZc1u) that his wife Stacy called Storm Products Inc. of Brigham City, Utah, when he began wondering if the bowling ball company could make such a container.
Company official Mike Stewart says Storm was "honored" by the request and has since delivered the ball.
Guarino, of Wilkins Township, is an avid bowler whose only perfect, 300 game was bowled using a Storm ball. But he can no longer bowl because his terminal prostate cancer has spread to his lower back and pelvis.
Stacy Guarino says the ball urn won't be used for bowling- it will go into her husband's bowling bag along with a ball his father used.
Information from: KDKA-TV, http://www.kdka.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- 2 Arizonans being deployed to Nepal to help earthquake victims
- Calif. man, Ariz. woman win regional hot dog contest in Vegas
- Audit: ICE could save millions by filling seats on detainee flights
- Johnson: Border more secure, but it's not 'mission accomplished' time yet
- Hooters on Mill Avenue closes after 20 years of business