WENTWORTH, N.C. (AP) - A man who'd just been released from jail in northern North Carolina was arrested again for refusing to leave the jail after authorities wouldn't give him a ride to a motel.
The News & Record of Greensboro reports ( http://bit.ly/OZm7NK) that 37-year-old Rodney Dwayne Valentine was charged with trespassing.
Valentine was released from the Rockingham County jail Saturday morning after being behind bars since May 22. The sheriff's office says he asked them to drive him to a local motel and they refused. Deputies charged Valentine with second-degree trespassing when he had refused to leave the jail by Saturday afternoon.
He's being held on $500 bond and is scheduled to appear in court Aug. 9. It was not clear if he has a lawyer.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Valley-area sandwich makes list of 'Best Sandwiches in America'
- New Arizona law limits when schools can use restraint, seclusion
- Man in custody after body found at Tempe Beach Park playground
- Grand Canyon National Park makes list of '10 Best National Parks to Visit in 2015'
- Invasive buffelgrass no longer just southern Arizona's problem