MASON, Ohio (AP) - An Ohio woman has spent her 90th birthday doing one of her favorite things: whizzing around the tracks of a roller coaster at 80 mph.
The Kings Island amusement park says Thelma Gratsch took a ride on the Diamondback coaster to celebrate her milestone birthday on Friday. The 230-foot-high steel ride is the tallest and fastest coaster at the park near Cincinnati.
The Mount Lookout woman guesses she's ridden the Diamondback more than 100 times since it debuted in 2009.
Park officials believe she's the oldest guest to have taken a spin on the ride. Gratsch has had a Kings Island season pass every year since they were introduced in 1979.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Both Arizona children eliminated from Scripps National Spelling Bee
- Police: Former MCSO deputy arrested in Phoenix holdups
- Group to hold anti-Muslim protest outside of Phoenix mosque
- Arizona officials predicting layoffs, tax increases as a result of new spending plan
- Family of man attacked in Arizona prison seeks $7.5 million