SAN ONOFRE STATE BEACH, Calif. (AP) - Two goats named Goatee and Pismo are wowing California beachgoers with their surfing skills.
The goats' owner, Dana McGregor, says he taught his goats to surf because he loves to ride the waves and thought they would like it, too.
The goats stood on surfboards and cruised along the water Wednesday at San Onofre State Beach, as bystanders watched in amazement.
Goatee, a nanny goat, and her billy goat, Pismo, even rode waves together. But after a few rides, Goatee swam to shore.
McGregor says he got Goatee originally to eat unwanted plants on his property.
He began taking the goat to the beach with him, eventually putting her on a surfboard.
McGregor says he started putting Pismo on a board shortly after he was born in March.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- High school students to learn app development from Google Engineer, compete in contest
- State resolution could change Arizona voting age to 16
- Ad agency claims this weekend's game will be largest 'Social Super Bowl' ever
- Arizona House Republicans vote to close caucus discussions to public
- Plaintiffs in Arizona immigration case seek Russell Pearce's email records