SAN ONOFRE STATE BEACH, Calif. (AP) - Two goats named Goatee and Pismo are wowing California beachgoers with their surfing skills.
The goats' owner, Dana McGregor, says he taught his goats to surf because he loves to ride the waves and thought they would like it, too.
The goats stood on surfboards and cruised along the water Wednesday at San Onofre State Beach, as bystanders watched in amazement.
Goatee, a nanny goat, and her billy goat, Pismo, even rode waves together. But after a few rides, Goatee swam to shore.
McGregor says he got Goatee originally to eat unwanted plants on his property.
He began taking the goat to the beach with him, eventually putting her on a surfboard.
McGregor says he started putting Pismo on a board shortly after he was born in March.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Officials urge for parents to update kids' vaccinations as school begins
- Cat rescued after surviving on sunken boat in Lake Havasu, Ariz.
- Arizona Department of Child Safety adds warning to child abuse hotline
- Chicagoans, rejoice: Deep dish classic Lou Malnati's to come to Phoenix
- Phoenix woman charged with daughter's abduction after 25 years