SAN ONOFRE STATE BEACH, Calif. (AP) - Two goats named Goatee and Pismo are wowing California beachgoers with their surfing skills.
The goats' owner, Dana McGregor, says he taught his goats to surf because he loves to ride the waves and thought they would like it, too.
The goats stood on surfboards and cruised along the water Wednesday at San Onofre State Beach, as bystanders watched in amazement.
Goatee, a nanny goat, and her billy goat, Pismo, even rode waves together. But after a few rides, Goatee swam to shore.
McGregor says he got Goatee originally to eat unwanted plants on his property.
He began taking the goat to the beach with him, eventually putting her on a surfboard.
McGregor says he started putting Pismo on a board shortly after he was born in March.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Iconic Old Town Scottsdale cowboy sign now belongs to city
- Witnesses sought in fatal shooting by Bisbee police officer
- Couple found trespassing, living in Prescott basement
- Police arrest suspect in series of Phoenix bank robberies
- Police searching for pair who committed armed robbery at Phoenix grocery store