DUBLIN (AP) - When Patch hopped aboard the train to Dublin, the power of Twitter reunited the dog with his master.
Irish Rail sent a "Lost dog!" tweet with a photo attachment after the Jack Russell terrier arrived with Wednesday morning commuters on a train from neighboring Kilcock, County Kildare. By all accounts, the friendly dog had spent his hourlong journey being petted vigorously.
After more than 500 retweets in just 32 minutes, the photo found Patch's owner, Deirdre Anglin, who tweeted the state railway: "That's my dog!"
Anglin and Irish Rail posted a series of photos documenting her reunion with Patch, their return train trip, and car journey home. She said fellow train travelers kept asking her: "Is that the dog from Twitter?"
Anglin's tweets, https://twitter.com/#!/DeirdreCA
Irish Rail tweets, https://twitter.com/#!/IrishRail
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Arizona's Havasu Falls named one of 15 coolest hidden waterfalls
- Former Philadelphia Eagles QB Donovan McNabb arrested for DUI in Arizona
- Fired Arizona child welfare workers to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- Fatal accident restricts travel on I-8 West in Arizona
- Road work on I-17 takes Phoenix drivers by surprise, creates traffic jam