VAN BUREN, Ark. (AP) - A woman accused of leaving the scene of a minor traffic crash in western Arkansas told police she did it because she didn't want her ice cream to melt.
Van Buren police say one vehicle rear-ended another on Arkansas Highway 59 on Sunday evening, but that the driver of the second car didn't stop to check on the vehicle she had hit. The other driver called police and set off in pursuit.
Fort Smith television station KHBS reports ( http://is.gd/GSXrgK) that Flora Burkhart told police she didn't think there was enough damage to merit stopping- and that she didn't want her ice cream to melt.
Burkhart was cited for following too closely and leaving the scene of an accident.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Calif. man, Ariz. woman win regional hot dog contest in Vegas
- Audit: ICE could save millions by filling seats on detainee flights
- Johnson: Border more secure, but it's not 'mission accomplished' time yet
- Hooters on Mill Avenue closes after 20 years of business
- Tucson man arrested for 3 slayings in 15-year-old cold case