VAN BUREN, Ark. (AP) - A woman accused of leaving the scene of a minor traffic crash in western Arkansas told police she did it because she didn't want her ice cream to melt.
Van Buren police say one vehicle rear-ended another on Arkansas Highway 59 on Sunday evening, but that the driver of the second car didn't stop to check on the vehicle she had hit. The other driver called police and set off in pursuit.
Fort Smith television station KHBS reports ( http://is.gd/GSXrgK) that Flora Burkhart told police she didn't think there was enough damage to merit stopping- and that she didn't want her ice cream to melt.
Burkhart was cited for following too closely and leaving the scene of an accident.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Dengue fever spreading near Arizona border
- Court: Arizona medical marijuana law doesn't provide DUI immunity
- UA study finds kitchen towels spread multitude of harmful bacteria
- No criminal charges for Tucson sergeant who knocked down UA student during March riot
- Scottsdale school pairs with Cartoon Network to prevent bullying