SHELBYVILLE, Mich. (AP) - A Michigan wedding party joined the bride and groom in taking the plunge over the weekend when the boat dock they were lined up on for pictures gave way.
No one was hurt Saturday when newlyweds Eric and Maegan Walber fell into the water along with their bridal party at Bay Pointe Inn on Gun Lake in Shelbyville. The town is about 25 miles south of Grand Rapids.
Video shows the group casually standing and talking when the dock collapses into the water.
Eric Walber tells WOOD-TV that they were on the dock for about 30 seconds when it started to lean and tilt.
Maegan Walber says the fall was scary for a moment because her gown made it difficult to get her footing. But, she says she "came up laughing."
Information from: WOOD-TV, http://www.woodtv.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Audit: ICE could save millions by filling seats on detainee flights
- Johnson: Border more secure, but it's not 'mission accomplished' time yet
- Hooters on Mill Avenue closes after 20 years of business
- Tucson man arrested for 3 slayings in 15-year-old cold case
- Water: Conserving the Colorado River's Liquid Gold