PROVO, Utah (AP) - A Utah police officer fired for dropping his pants and flaunting a green Speedo during a "Princess and the Frog" skit at a school is getting his job back.
Cody Harris filed an appeal after he was dismissed from his position as a Provo school resource officer in May. The Provo Civil Service Commission decided Wednesday that Harris should be reinstated.
Provo police said in an email that the department still backs its initial decision to fire Harris, but it will honor the commission's decision.
Harris was dismissed after Provo police said he removed his pants to show off the Speedo-style suit and made inappropriate gestures and comments while a group of female students were nearby.
Harris will receive training to work in the patrol division.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Super Bowl Central set to open Wednesday afternoon
- Phoenix economy undisputed winner of Super Bowl XLIX
- State leaders lure 70 CEOs to visit Phoenix during Super Bowl week
- GoDaddy pulls plug on Super Bowl puppy ad after negative response
- Campaign ripping NFL chief, domestic violence rolls into Phoenix