UXBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) - A woman told police she drove her car into a sand trap on a Massachusetts golf course because her GPS sent her the wrong way.
Police say she was drunk.
Patricia Maione was held on $10,000 bail after pleading not guilty Tuesday to charges including driving with a suspended license and fourth offense drunken driving.
Authorities say the 47-year-old woman's car got stuck at the Whitinsville Golf Club in Northbridge on Monday. She told police her GPS told her to turn left, which she said led her through a corn field and onto the golf course.
The Telegram & Gazette ( http://bit.ly/KyIRYF) reports that police say they found a cup filled with alcohol in her car.
There were golfers on the course at the time, but no one was hurt.
Information from: Telegram & Gazette, http://www.telegram.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Tempe man accused of child abuse after boy taken to hospital
- Southern Arizona residents protest Border Patrol checkpoints
- Hopi Tribe, lawmakers urge US to stop sale of sacred items
- Retired Arizona major featured on new Vietnam War stamp
- Surprise, Ariz. couple charged with first-degree murder of daughter