LORAIN, Ohio (AP) - Police in northern Ohio are trying to identify a candy thief who has stolen hundreds of dollars in peanut butter cups from a gas station store.
Employees reported that a young man usually comes in after midnight, snatches Reese's peanut butter cups and exits the store before they can call police. The workers say the candy stolen over the past few months was worth $400 to $600.
The Morning Journal ( http://bit.ly/N8f3yg) reports the latest theft happened early Tuesday morning. A police report indicates the man stole peanut butter cups and went for a saltier snack, grabbing a bag of chips. He was dressed in black clothing, with a hooded sweatshirt over his head.
A clerk says he tried to stop the thief, who spun him around and fled on foot.
Information from: The Morning Journal, http://www.morningjournal.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Web development boot camps being offered in Phoenix
- It's official: Katy Perry will perform at Super Bowl halftime show
- Foreign students in U.S. in record numbers; Arizona a leading destination
- When you can't make it home for Thanksgiving, it's time to throw a 'Friendsgiving'
- Man shot dead at Phoenix car wash