LORAIN, Ohio (AP) - Police in northern Ohio are trying to identify a candy thief who has stolen hundreds of dollars in peanut butter cups from a gas station store.
Employees reported that a young man usually comes in after midnight, snatches Reese's peanut butter cups and exits the store before they can call police. The workers say the candy stolen over the past few months was worth $400 to $600.
The Morning Journal ( http://bit.ly/N8f3yg) reports the latest theft happened early Tuesday morning. A police report indicates the man stole peanut butter cups and went for a saltier snack, grabbing a bag of chips. He was dressed in black clothing, with a hooded sweatshirt over his head.
A clerk says he tried to stop the thief, who spun him around and fled on foot.
Information from: The Morning Journal, http://www.morningjournal.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Phoenix-area teachers may walk out over contract concerns
- Two Chase Field culinary creations make must-try stadium food list
- Fewer DUI arrests made over Memorial Day weekend in Arizona
- Mohave County veterans groups raising money to build new memorials
- Surprise couple arrested in death of their young daughter