NEW YORK (AP) - A woman arrested by New York police in August as her nude body was being painted by an artist in Times Square has filed a civil rights lawsuit against the city.
The lawsuit was filed by Zoe West on Tuesday in federal court in Manhattan. It seeks unspecified damages. West alleges she was arrested in violation of her rights while being painted by Andy Golub.
The 22-year-old model says police didn't give her clothes to put on until about 20 minutes after her arrest. Her attorney, Ron Kuby, says the point of the lawsuit is to maintain and preserve artist creativity in the city.
A spokeswoman for the city's Law Department says the city hasn't seen the lawsuit and can't comment.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Auditions to be held for new 'Wallace and Ladmo' play in Phoenix area
- Phoenix could become first Arizona city to replace accessibility signs
- 2 Arizonans being deployed to Nepal to help earthquake victims
- Calif. man, Ariz. woman win regional hot dog contest in Vegas
- Audit: ICE could save millions by filling seats on detainee flights