LIVINGSTON, Mont. (AP) - Maybe duct tape doesn't fix everything.
Officials in southern Montana say a Canadian truck driver found that out the hard way when he tried to stop a fuel tank leak with the all-purpose tape before going to sleep at a truck stop near Livingston.
The Livingston Enterprise reports a truck stop employee called Park County firefighters at about 3 a.m. Thursday to report the leak. Fire Chief Dann Babcox estimates about 100 gallons of diesel fuel leaked from the tractor-trailer onto the ground.
The truck driver works for a company based in Saskatchewan. He says he thought he might have hit something on Interstate 90, but when he stopped at the time, he didn't notice any damage.
Information from: Livingston Enterprise, http://www.livingstonenterprise.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- What's hot in Arizona hospitality this year? Experts share 2015 trends
- Man dies after being shot in central Phoenix; suspect on the loose
- Northern Arizona hit with snow, rain; Phoenix awaits rain
- Goldwater report: Arizona has among most burdensome licensing requirements in US
- National survey sheds light on coffee consumption trends