Updated Feb 13, 2013 - 10:53 pm
Top 10 Valentine's Day romantic comedies
We put together a list of ten romantic comedies you both can enjoy this Valentine's Day.
- The Wedding Singer (1998) Robbie, the singer and Julia, the waitress are both engaged to be married but to the wrong people. Fortune intervenes to help them discover each other.
- Never Been Kissed (1999) Chicago Sun Times copy editor Josie Gellar, who was desperate to graduate from perfectionist copy editor to reporter, gets her chance when the goody owner orders the editor to cover the high-school scene by undercover.
- 10 Things I Hate About You (1999) A film inspired by the classic Shakespeare play "The Taming of the Shrew.", set in a modern day high school.
- The Proposal (2009) A pushy boss forces her young assistant to marry her in order to keep her Visa status in the U.S. and avoid deportation to Canada.
- Sweet Home Alabama (2002) A young woman with a Southern background runs away from her husband in Alabama and reinvents herself as a New York socialite.
- How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (2003) Benjamin Barry is an advertising executive and ladies' man who, to win a big campaign, bets that he can make a woman fall in love with him in 10 days.
- What Happens in Vegas (2008) A man and a woman are compelled, for legal reasons, to live life as a couple for a limited period of time. At stake is a large amount of money.
- 50 First Dates (2004) Henry Roth is a man afraid of commitment up until he meets the beautiful Lucy. They hit it off and Henry think he's finally found the girl of his dreams, until he discovers she has short-term memory loss and forgets him the very next day.
- Hitch (2005) While helping his latest client woo the fine lady of his dreams, a professional "date doctor" finds that his game doesn't quite work on the gossip columnist with whom he's smitten.
- When Harry Met Sally... (1989) Harry and Sally have known each other for years, and are very good friends, but they fear sex would ruin the friendship.