Register | Forgot Your Password? | Close

WICHITA, Kan. (AP) - One of two south-central Kansas brothers whose drug-fueled celebration of a winning $75,000 in the lottery resulted in an explosion in their duplex has been released from a hospital.

The Wichita man suffered second-degree burns to his hands, arms and chest Friday night after he refueled butane torches that he and his brother planned to use to smoke drugs.

A woman at Via Christi St. Francis Hospital on Monday said the burn victim had been released, but she didn't have further details.

The other brother told police Friday they had purchased marijuana and methamphetamine to celebrate their lottery win.

He was arrested, but details about charges were not available Monday because of the President's Day holiday.


(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
share this story:
Attention KTAR.com Comment Users: We have recently changed our comments boards.
We would like you to be part of the conversation and The Voice of Arizona by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing KTAR (Arizona Sports) account members will need to create a Disqus account or use one of the aforementioned social media logins. Thank you.
comments powered by Disqus