PHOENIX -- On the fourth day of juror deliberation, Jodi Arias was found guilty of first-degree murder of her former boyfriend Travis Alexander.
Arias could be sentenced to life in prison or be sentenced to death. She has already been in prison for five years.
Arias claimed she killed Alexander in self-defense. Jurors had the option of convicting Arias of second-degree murder, which would have carried a lesser sentence between 10 and 22 years.
Instead, jurors concurred with the prosecutors' belief that she planned the murder after finding out Alexander wanted to end their affair.
Arias changed her stories several times throughout the investigation and trial. Initially, she denied involvement before changing her story two years later, saying she killed Alexander because he attacked her after sex.
Alexander was stabbed 27 times, shot in the head and his throat had been slit.
The verdict comes after a four-month trial that garnered international attention.
The penalty phase of the trial is scheduled to begin on Thursday.
Arias was placed on suicide protocol after leaving the courthouse, per Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio.
No sentencing date has been set.
- Retrial for Arias sentencing is March 17
- Judge delays setting Arias resentencing date
- New Jodi Arias movie trailer released
- Prosecutor talks next steps for Arias case
- First glimpse of Jodi Arias film
- Jury foreman: Arias testimony didn't help her
- Arias detractor angry over mistrial
- Mistrial declared in Arias penalty phase
- McMahon: Never-ending story
- The next steps in Jodi Arias case
- Jodi Arias gives 3 TV interviews
- Jodi Arias asks jury for life in prison
- Actors in Arias film speak about roles
- Jodi Arias TV movie to debut June 22
- A look at Arias' life in jail
- McMahon: Til death
- Timeline of events in Arias murder case
- Twitter hoax caused panic during verdict
- Hunter: Arias found guilty, but still won
- Jodi Arias convicted of first-degree murder
- Arias talked after found guilty of murder
- Hunter: Time for cameras to go in courtroom
- Friend: Arias verdict 'better than Christmas'
- Statement: Alexander siblings to sue Arias
- Huizenga: No truth known in Arias case
- Donald Trump: Jodi Arias 'guilty as hell'
- Hunter: Live in Arias crime home? Not me!
- Third juror dismissed in Jodi Arias trial
- Arias parents: Daughter had issues
- Psychologists: Arias trial escape from reality
- Hunter: Time to pull cameras out of court
- Final Word: Jodi Arias tweeting from jail
- Report: Person sells gallery seat for $200
- Arias selling t-shirts benefitting victims?
- Dismissed Arias juror speaks to media
- Snow White plays a part in Jodi Arias trial
- Eyes on Education A view of Arizona's education system from all angles.