PHOENIX -- If Congress can't reach a deal by Friday, automatic spending cuts known as sequester will start to kick in.
A new report released by the White House has a list of federal cuts that Arizona will face this year, including:
• Nearly $30 million for teachers and schools, putting 360 jobs at risk, cutting 1,000 kids from Head Start and reducing aid to 3,600 college students.
• Cutting funding to military operations in Arizona by nearly $50 million
• Cutting funding to protect air and water quality by more than $2 million.
See the full report here.
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
- Eyes on Education A view of Arizona's education system from all angles.