State Farm is expanding its presence in Arizona.
According to Phoenix Business Journal, the Illinois-based insurance group is planning to build a regional headquarters in Tempe and will hire between 5,000 and 7,000 new employees.
The site, sources say, is located on the east side of the $50 million luxury apartment project planned by San Diego-based developer OliverMcMillan. It's just east of the Hayden Ferry Lakeside project near Rio Salado Parkway and Mill Avenue.
State Farm is also building regional centers in Atlanta and Dallas.
State Farm released the following statement Tuesday in response to a request for comment.
As it has done throughout its 90-year history, State Farm continues to review its facilities, looking to ensure employees are in the right places to provide the best service possible for our customers.
Customers' expectations continue to evolve and we need to adapt as those expectations change.
Decisions will be made over time - some happening sooner - others years later. What we can confirm is that:
• Our company headquarters remains in Bloomington, Illinois.
• We are expanding our established presence in Atlanta, Dallas and Phoenix.
• In addition to these locations, we will continue operating in a number of communities where we have an established presence. Today, we are continuing to use our Valley facilities to support our work and serve customers. Our review is ongoing.
We appreciate the continued contributions of people in all these facilities. We do not have further details to share now but when we do we will be certain to communicate with our agents, employees and associates.
KTAR's Martha Maurer contributed to this report.
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
- Eyes on Education A view of Arizona's education system from all angles.