Register | Forgot Your Password? | Close

Mesa Fire and Medical Department teams treated a mother and her son on Tuesday after they suffered second- and third-degree burns near Gilbert Road and Broadway.

The mother initially noticed a small grease fire starting in a pot on the stove. After attempting to dump the contents out the front door, the mother tripped over her 3-year-old boy. Although the fire was put out, the hot grease fell on both of them.

The two were examined and transported to Maricopa County Burn Center at approximately 12:30 p.m. A response team stayed behind to expel absorbent at the scene.

KTAR Newsroom,

share this story:
Attention KTAR.com Comment Users: We have recently changed our comments boards.
We would like you to be part of the conversation and The Voice of Arizona by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing KTAR (Arizona Sports) account members will need to create a Disqus account or use one of the aforementioned social media logins. Thank you.
comments powered by Disqus

World Class Arizona

  • Dignity Health

    World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.

Voice For A Better Arizona

  • Family in Focus

    KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.