Register | Forgot Your Password? | Close

If you're planning to claim a school tax credit, you need to act soon.

The Arizona Education Tax Credit can help a school district and you.

"If there's an extracurricular activity in a school, and there's a fee that has to be paid for that, if you pay that fee or if you donate to that particular extracurricular activity, that's a dollar-for dollar credit," said Anthony Forschino, Assistant Director of the Arizona Department Of Revenue. "It's $200 for singles or $400 for married."

Forschino said to claim it on your 2012 return, you should make the donation as soon as possible because schools are closing for the holidays.

"They have to actually pay the school," he said. "The school has to be the one that actually gets the money."

If you can't donate in person today, Forschino suggested you check with your respective district to see if it can accept a donation online before Dec. 31.

Bob McClay, Reporter

share this story:
Attention Comment Users: We have recently changed our comments boards.
We would like you to be part of the conversation and The Voice of Arizona by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing KTAR (Arizona Sports) account members will need to create a Disqus account or use one of the aforementioned social media logins. Thank you.
comments powered by Disqus

World Class Arizona

  • Dignity Health

    World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.

Voice For A Better Arizona

  • Family in Focus

    KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.