A 4-month-old San Tan Valley girl drowned Thursday after being left unattended in a bath tub.
Colin Williams with Rural-Metro Fire said the scene was very hectic when crews arrived.
"There was a lot of emotion there, there was a lot of very distraught people, a lot of anxiety, which is very obvious for a situation like this," he said. "It's obviously very unfortunate."
The girl's father, 26-year-old William Miller, left her alone for about 90 seconds while attending to another child in the house. When Miller returned to the tub, he found the infant face down in the water.
Miller did perform CPR on the child.
Williams said the baby was airlifted to a hospital.
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
- Eyes on Education A view of Arizona's education system from all angles.