Register | Forgot Your Password? | Close

TUCSON, Ariz. -- Authorities said an unspecified electrical malfunction of a screen print dryer caused a fire at a Tucson strip mall that destroyed four business spaces.

There isn't a dollar estimate yet for the damage in Monday afternoon's fire.

Firefighters managed to save about 20 other businesses in the midtown 29th Street Business Plaza.

Tucson Fire Department officials said some of the destroyed units belonged to Old Pueblo Trophy and a screen printing business run by Old Pueblo Trophy was in one space.

Several 911 callers reported the fire about 3 p.m. Monday and it took crews more than two hours to bring the blaze under control.

Associated Press,

share this story:
Attention KTAR.com Comment Users: We have recently changed our comments boards.
We would like you to be part of the conversation and The Voice of Arizona by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing KTAR (Arizona Sports) account members will need to create a Disqus account or use one of the aforementioned social media logins. Thank you.
comments powered by Disqus

World Class Arizona

  • Dignity Health

    World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.

Voice For A Better Arizona

  • Family in Focus

    KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.