Register | Forgot Your Password? | Close

A Mesa neighborhood was evacuated Monday after the smell of natural gas was reported near a home, the Mesa Fire Department said.

The odor was reported near 82nd St. and University.

No injuries were reported and Southwest Gas was called to the scene to search for the leak, however no hazardous gas was detected in the area.

Martha Maurer, News Editor

share this story:
Attention Comment Users: We have recently changed our comments boards.
We would like you to be part of the conversation and The Voice of Arizona by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing KTAR (Arizona Sports) account members will need to create a Disqus account or use one of the aforementioned social media logins. Thank you.
comments powered by Disqus

World Class Arizona

  • Dignity Health

    World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.

Voice For A Better Arizona

  • Family in Focus

    KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.