Register | Forgot Your Password? | Close

PHOENIX -- A not guilty plea has been entered on behalf of a Phoenix woman accused in the shooting death of her husband last month.

The attorney for Rebekah Marlene Mellon, 31, said she waived her appearance at Monday's arraignment in Maricopa County Superior Court. Her next scheduled court date is an initial pretrial conference on Oct. 4.

Mellon has been jailed on a $1 million cash bond on suspicion of first-degree murder.

Phoenix police responded to a 911 call at a house on July 31 and found Donald Mellon Jr., 46, bleeding from a gunshot wound.

He was transported to a hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.

Police said Rebekah Mellon gave them different versions of what transpired before the shooting, and officers recovered a handgun from the home.

Associated Press,

share this story:
Attention KTAR.com Comment Users: We have recently changed our comments boards.
We would like you to be part of the conversation and The Voice of Arizona by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing KTAR (Arizona Sports) account members will need to create a Disqus account or use one of the aforementioned social media logins. Thank you.
comments powered by Disqus

World Class Arizona

  • Dignity Health

    World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.

Voice For A Better Arizona

  • Family in Focus

    KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.