One of the victims in the mass shooting at an Aurora movie theater originally hailed from Ahwatukee.
The 24-year-old victim Alex Teves was a 2006 graduate of Desert Vista High School in the Tempe Unified School District. He also just completed graduate school at the University of Colorado.
Teves' grandmother Mildred confirmed the family was notified Friday night that Alex was killed. His father Thomas is in route from Arizona to Colorado now.
Alex's aunt Barbara Slivinske said that Alex finished graduate school in June and was planning on becoming a physical therapist. He was in long term relationship with girlfriend, Amanda Lindgren. His grandmother said he was very close to proposing marriage.
Teves was one of the 12 people killed in a random shooting at the midnight showing of the new movie "The Dark Knight Rises."
There has been an outpouring of support on Twitter in honor of Teves' memory and offering condolences to his family.
- Friends see Ariz. victim as true hero
- Report: Batman star visits Colorado victims
- Rob: Who uses tragedies to push agendas?
- CNN interviews family of Ariz. man killed
- McMahon: An open letter to Russell Pearce
- Colorado shooting victim from Ahwatukee
- Victims names emerge in Colo. shooting
- Understanding shooter's possible mindset
- 12 killed, scores wounded in theater shooting
- Phoenix PD increasing presence at theaters
- Witness: 'We thought it was part of the movie'
- AZ theaters make changes after CO shooting
- Former Phoenix cop reacts to Colo. shooting
- Shooting victim posts photos of his wounds
- Former FBI agent: Shooter hoped to kill more
- Eyes on Education A view of Arizona's education system from all angles.